The IPAM Vision
To attract finance for improved adaptation action, become the reference platform for adaptation metrics across scales and sectors, and co-develop metrics and tools going beyond the state of the art to respond to emerging adaptation needs.
Create synergies among its members to refine and advance concepts in science, governance, management, project monitoring & evaluation, communication, capacity building and climate finance.
Harmonization and learning across sectors and disciplines is a key aim and potential strength of IPAM
practitioners and decision-makers through the organization of events
building, research exchange and data enhancement,
clustering and analysis
instruments, tools and facilities for the effective
finance and policy making
for climate adaptation
IPAM Formative Structure
- Organized around sectoral and functional practice subcommittees
- Harmonization of techniques and metrics across sectors through cross-committee integration
- Seeking institutional and expert participation
- Governed by Steering Committee; will expand by nominating other institutions
- Will undertake activities based on member direction and seek resources and collaborations with different organizations to meet focused needs